Summer Film Festival
Enjoy classic films under the stars on the big screen
Bring a blanket and sit on the Lawn to enjoy great food, friends, and a classic Warner Brothers cartoon before the start of each film. Lawn opens 5pm, pre-show entertainment presented by WeWork starts at 6pm, and film begins at sunset.
Food items for sale curated by Hester Street Fair on the Fountain Terrace.
Check out this video to see what it’s all about!
Please return late spring for 2018 films and dates.
- The Lawn opens 5pm for blankets and picknicking
- Films begin at sunset (typically between 8pm-9pm)
- All packages including bags, briefcases, and backpacks are subject to inspection
- No dogs allowed on the Lawn
- No chairs, tables, or plastic ground coverings (including sheets, tarps, bags, or pads) are permitted on the Lawn
- Forgot a blanket? Buy one at the Bryant Park Shop on the Fountain Terrace
- Hester Street Fair hosts food vendors on the Fountain Terrace with drink and delicious snack and meal options
- Captions are displayed for each film
- Did you know the Film Fest has its own dance?
Getting on the Lawn
For the protection of all Film Fest attendees, all bags, briefcases, backpacks, etc. will be inspected before entering the Lawn area (the Lawn and surrounding gravel area)
The gravel area surrounding the Lawn opens 4pm. The Lawn opens 5pm. Be prepared right at 5pm to claim your spot!
Should you leave the Lawn area, all packages, bags, etc. will be inspected again upon re-entry. The checkpoints are necessary to safeguard all those in attendance at the Bryant Park Summer Film Festival.
Enjoy the film!
Food and Drink
Hester Street Fair brings the city’s best vendors to the Fountain Terrace each week to make your Film Festival picnic the most delicious it can be.
Vendors will be announced late spring.