Feature films under the stars on the big screen
Bring a blanket and sit on the Lawn to enjoy great food, friends, and a feature film. Lawn opens 5pm and film begins at sunset.
New this year! Check out the Beer and Wine Lounge on the Upper Terrace to enjoy refreshments for purchase before and during the movie.
Food items for sale curated by Hester Street Fair on the Fountain Terrace.
June 18, 2018 - August 10, 2018
June 18: The Breakfast Club
June 25: The Philadelphia Story
July 2: A League of Their Own
July 9: Little Miss Sunshine
July 16: Fried Green Tomatoes
July 23: The Princess Bride
July 30: When Harry Met Sally…
August 6: The Wiz
August 13: Thelma & Louise
August 20: The Terminator
- The Lawn opens 5pm for blankets and picknicking
- Films begin at sunset (typically between 8pm-9pm)
- All packages including bags, briefcases, and backpacks are subject to inspection
- No dogs allowed on the Lawn
- No chairs, tables, or plastic ground coverings (including sheets, tarps, bags, or pads) are permitted on the Lawn
- Forgot a blanket? Buy one at the Bryant Park Shop on the Fountain Terrace
- Hester Street Fair hosts food vendors on the Fountain Terrace with drink and delicious snack and meal options
- Captions are displayed for each film
Getting on the Lawn
For the protection of all Movie Nights attendees, all bags, briefcases, backpacks, etc. will be inspected before entering the Lawn area (the Lawn and surrounding gravel area)
The gravel area surrounding the Lawn opens 4pm. The Lawn opens 5pm. Be prepared right at 5pm to claim your spot!
Should you leave the Lawn area, all packages, bags, etc. will be inspected again upon re-entry. The checkpoints are necessary to safeguard all those in attendance at Bryant Park Movie Nights.
Enjoy the film!
Food and Drink
Hester Street Fair brings the city’s best vendors to the Fountain Terrace each week to make your Movie Nights picnic the most delicious it can be. Vendors include Downeast Lobstah, Duck Season, Manousheh, Renegade Lemonade, Home Frites, Rip’s Malt Shop, Manju, Breads Bakery, Oconomi, and Stax Ice Cream.
New this year! Check out the Beer and Wine Lounge on the Upper Terrace behind the NYPL to enjoy refreshments for purchase before and during the movie.