Opening Friday, October 29, 2021 at noon
Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park is Manhattan’s winter wonderland. Enjoy New York City’s only free admission ice skating rink, the Holiday Shops, and rinkside eats and drinks at The Lodge by Prime Video. Sign up for our newsletter for ticket updates throughout the season.
To prioritize visitor and staff safety, please read below before visiting.
• Face coverings are required to enter some areas of Winter Village, include The Rink.
• Per NYC guidelines, proof of vaccination is required to enter certain enclosed spaces.
• The skating experience is fully outdoors; sanitizing stations are offered for public use.
• For everyone’s health and safety, please stay home if you are feeling sick. We have options to rebook your skate tickets if you cannot attend due to illness.
• Holiday Shops and the Rink will regularly sanitize high-contact surfaces, including rental skates, and will offer contactless payment where possible.
• Shops may enforce capacity or face covering requirements; please abide with all staff requests.
• Please follow staff instructions onsite, and have a wonderful visit!
Thank you to our partner
with support from
The centerpiece of Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park, this 17,000 square foot rink features free admission ice skating, high quality rental skates, and free skating shows, events, and activities. The Rink is open daily through March 6, 2022.
Pricing + Storage
Save on rentals by visiting during off-peak hours and dates. Bank of America cardholders receive 10% off rentals when they use their debit or credit card to reserve skate time online.
Skate sizes: kids 6-4, adults 5-14, hockey skates available while supplies last
Includes skate concierge, access to Polar Lounge, skate rentals, bag check, and extended ice time.
Skate Aid rental: $22/hour
Skate sharpening: $20 (drop skates off at the Tickets & Info kiosk; minimum 24 hours needed for sharpening)
Sock purchase: $6
Helmet rental: $6
We have several options for storage at the Skating Pavilion:
- Wear one of our shoe bags, free with skate rentals, or purchase one onsite for $5.
- Bring a backpack to wear on the ice, smaller than 16” x 18”, for your shoes.
- Use our Bag Check service, available inside the Skating Pavilion:
- Small $5: one pair of shoes
- Medium $12: two - four people
- Large $15: five+ people, OR one oversized item eg: stroller, luggage, etc.
Please note: there can be no unattended items in the Skating Pavilion. Backpacks are allowed on the ice according to staff discretion. Rink staff and BPC security reserve the right to put oversized backpacks (see allowed dimensions above) and unattended items in Bag Check, which can be retrieved for a fee.
Bank of America cardholder discount
Bank of America cardholders receive 10% off skate rentals when they use their card to reserve skate time online. Please look for the cardholder discount at checkout.
Discount pricing on eligible Skate Rentals when you use any Bank of America® issued debit or credit card as your form of payment to pay for your purchase at checkout. Offer valid between October 29, 2021 and March 6, 2022. Offer only valid on orders up to $500. Customers must enter their credit card number, card expiration and CVV directly on the payment page at checkout to qualify for this offer. Except where required by law, cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent, reproduced, modified, sold, traded, refunded or replaced if lost or stolen. Not valid on previous purchases or at any other location or website. No cash back. Bryant Park Corporation also reserves the right to change the terms and conditions applicable to discount codes at any time. Void where prohibited. Fulfillment of this offer is the sole responsibility of Bryant Park Corporation LLC.
Open on all holidays; Winter Village closes 4pm on New Year’s Eve
The Rink is open rain or shine. The park closes if weather conditions are severe. You will receive an email if your skate session is cancelled for inclement weather. Please check the rink message at bryantpark.org for daily updates.
Can I skate for free?
The Rink at Bank of America Winter Village is NYC’s only free admission ice skating rink. If you bring your own skates and a backpack (see “Storage” above) for your shoes, you can skate without spending a dime. Please be sure to reserve an entry time ahead of your visit.
When is the best time to skate to avoid crowds?
-Early mornings: a great time to skate with small children, especially since skate aids are free before 11am!
-Off peak dates and times: visit weekdays and mornings, and dates before Thanksgiving and after the new year.
Does The Rink close when it rains?
The Rink is generally open rain or shine. We may close The Rink for severe weather. In the event of a weather closure, customers will be notified by email, and refunded for their purchase less a processing fee.
I don’t skate. Can I go into the Skating Pavilion with my party?
- An adult guardian may enter with children:
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Ages 7 and under require a minimum of 2 chaperones per 10 children.
- Ages 8+ require one chaperone per 10 children.
- Please note: we ask that non-skating adults do not “babysit” shoes and/or other items in the pavilion. Please utilize our shoe bags or Bag
- Other non-skating adults cannot enter the pavilion without a ticket, but can enjoy the view from around The Rink. Non-skaters in Premium Skate parties must have a Premium Skate ticket to join their group in Polar Lounge.
I have my own skates. Can I skip the line?
You must have a ticket to enter the Skating Pavilion. If you are bringing your own skates, please reserve a free “bringing own skates” ticket ahead of your visit to The Rink.
Can I visit Overlook?
This season, Overlook is only available for events. In accordance with NYC guidelines, all visitors to Overlook must be vaccinated.
Do you have skate aids?
Yes, our penguins and snowmen will help your little skater navigate The Rink with ease. Beginner skaters under ten only. $22/hour to rent at The Rink.
What size skates do you have?
Kids 6-4, Adults 5-14
Where can I put personal items?
- Skate rentals come with a free shoe bag to wear on the ice, perfect for a pair of shoes and another small item.
- If you prefer, you can wear your own small backpack for your shoes and personal items on the ice. Please note: oversized backpacks or bags that are not securely closed will not be allowed on The Rink, and must be checked at Bag Check for a fee.*
- Bag Check is available for a fee (see “Pricing + storage” above).
Please note: there can be no unattended items in the Skating Pavilion. Unattended items will be removed by security and placed in bag check, where visitors must pay the appropriate fee to retrieve their items.
*backpack size is up to the discretion of rink staff.
Can I have a birthday party or rent space at The Rink?
Yes, you can rent Polar Lounge for birthday parties and special occasions, or Overlook for larger events. To learn more about our custom packages and to reserve space, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to get engaged on the ice! Can you help?
Bryant Park offers packages for those who want to make their trip to The Rink extra special. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Please note: for the safety of our skaters, we cannot accommodate impromptu proposals on the ice. Please contact us at the email above for proposal options.
Group reservations for ice skating must be secured 24 hours in advance over the phone at 917-438-5170 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group minimum: 20
Reservations include: Skate rentals
Chaperone policy: Ages eight and over require one chaperone per 10 children. Ages seven and under requires a minimum of two chaperones per 10 children.
Payment information: Group reservations may be paid via credit card or company issued check. Reservations are not secured until full payment is made. No refunds are given once payment has been made, however reservations may be rescheduled if notified 24 hours prior to scheduled visit date based on availability.
Schools: Please contact us for information on special rates.
The Rink offers individual and group lessons with skate coaches for all ages and levels, from beginners to those wishing to perfect their skating techniques. Visit our website for more information.
Skaters' Code of Responsibility
Skaters’ Code of Responsibility
Ice skating is an inherently dangerous and physically demanding athletic ability. Please abide by the following rules and help make Winter Village a wonderful experience for everyone. You must have a Winter Village skater wristband to enter the ice rink.
- Ice skates must be worn to enter the ice rink.
- Read and abide by all signs.
- Face coverings, worn over the mouth and nose, are required in all skate areas.
- Follow announcements, and obey the instructions of the skate guards.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Cell phones, headphones, cameras, backpacks, and pocketbooks are not permitted on the ice.
- Food and drinks are not permitted on the ice, or in the Skating Pavilion.
- Skating while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- No sitting or climbing on the railings.
- No carrying a child while ice skating. This is very dangerous for the child.
- No more than two people may hold hands while skating.
- Do not congregate at the railings or block the entrances/exits.
- The center of the ice rink is for skating lessons and figure skating.
- Spins, jumps, and backwards skating are not permitted when the rink is crowded.
- Please report any injury to a Winter Village staff member.
- Skate respectfully.
- For security reasons, online skating reservations require the name of each person in your party. If fake or repeat names are used, your order may be cancelled, and you will be charged a cancellation fee. Failure to comply with this policy could result in being permanently banned from The Rink.
- If you do not show up for a skate reservation and make no attempt to notify us in advance, this constitutes a “no-show”. Repeated “no-shows” are grounds for being permanently banned from The Rink.
- No abusive, aggressive, abrasive or disorderly conduct, which may include weaving, pushing and power stopping.
- If you are skating in any manner that endangers your fellow skaters, you may be warned and/or asked to leave the ice. Winter Village staff members reserve the right to permanently ban aggressive skaters from The Rink.
Skating reservations are approximately 55 minutes from arrival to departure, so that everyone can enjoy free public ice skating at Winter Village.
Acknowledgement of Risk
Release of liability and waiver of all claims by persons entering Winter Village at Bryant Park
Participant and/or Participant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) (individually and collectively, “Participant”) understands, acknowledges, and agrees that ice skating is an inherently dangerous and physically demanding activity. Participant assumes full responsibility for any risk of injury, property damage, or death while participating in any activity at Winter Village at Bryant Park and all related facilities and surrounding areas (collectively, “Winter Village”).
Participant hereby waives any and all claims including, but not limited to, bodily injury, property damage, or death, that Participant or Participant’s heirs, assigns, and/or legal representatives may have against Bryant Park Corporation (“BPC”), Rink Management Systems (“RMS”), the sponsors of Winter Village, and/or the City of New York, and/or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers, arising out of Participant’s use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates.
Participant hereby releases and holds harmless BPC, RMS, the sponsors of Winter Village, and/or the City of New York, and/or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers arising from any and all liability for any loss, damage, or expense that Participant or Participant’s heirs, assigns, and/or legal representatives may suffer as a result of Participant’s use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to, negligence or breach of contract on the part of BPC, RMS, any sponsor of Winter Village, or the City of New York, or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers, in the operation, supervision, design, maintenance, or condition of Winter Village.
Participant agrees to abide by the “Code of Ice Skater Responsibility” and to follow the instructions of the operating staff of Winter Village. Failure to follow this code of conduct or instructions may result in the termination of Participant’s use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates without refund.
Participant permits BPC, RMS, the sponsors of Winter Village, and the City of New York to use any photographs, videotapes, recordings, or any other records taken while on the premises of Winter Village for publicity, advertising, or any other legitimate purpose. This facility is monitored by video surveillance.
Both manual and motorized wheelchairs are permitted on the ice. Adaptive sleds are available free of charge.
Users who wish to enjoy the ice using our adaptive sled can be pushed by a member of their party or by one of The Rink’s Skate Hosts. To request Skate Host assistance ahead of time, you may call 917-438-5170, though it is not required.
There are accessible park entrances mid-block on 40th and 42nd Streets, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues. There is an accessible route that connects the 6th Avenue side of the park up to The Rink entrance.
The Lodge by Prime Video
A rinkside open air, après skate-escape where visitors can cozy up with a festive cocktail, enjoy delicious food, and watch the ice skaters. The Lodge by Prime Video is a cozy winter destination with a festive cocktail bar and food options to fulfill the cravings of New Yorkers and visitors alike.
Holiday Shops by Urbanspace
Our European inspired open-air market hosts artisans from New York City and around the world. Located along Bryant Park’s allées, plazas, and terraces, the Shops are housed in custom-designed kiosks.