Feature films under the stars on the big screen
Update: The Birdcage is the first Fan Choice movie, showing Monday, June 24
Bring a blanket and sit on the Lawn to enjoy great food, friends, and a feature film. Lawn and food and wine concessions open 5pm; film begins at sunset. Movie Nights are presented by Netflix with support from Chandon and Vulture. Enjoy the show!
Food items for sale curated by Hester Street Fair on the Fountain Terrace, and beer and wine available for purchase on the eastern end of the Lawn.
Summer 2019 Movie Line-up
June 10: Big
Starring Tom Hanks and directed by Penny Marshall
June 17: Big Daddy
Starring Adam Sandler and directed by Dennis Dugan
June 24: Fan Choice: The Birdcage
July 1: To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
Starring Lana Condor and Noah Centineo, directed by Susan Johnson and based on the book by Jenny Han
July 8: Carrie (1976)
Starring Sissy Spacek, directed by Brian De Palma and written by Stephen King (novel)
July 15: Bad Boys
Starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence and directed by Michael Bay
July 22: Coming To America
Starring Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall, directed by John Landis and written by Eddie Murphy
July 29: Goodfellas
Starring Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci and directed by Martin Scorsese
August 5: Anchorman
Starring Will Ferrell, directed by Adam McKay and written by Will Ferrell & Adam McKay
August 12: Fan Choice: Vote on Twitter @vulture starting July 22
Fan Choice Voting
Pick your favorite flick to watch at Bryant Park Movie Nights! For the June 24 and August 12 showings, viewers choose from movies curated by Vulture.
FIRST FAN CHOICE: The Birdcage is the winner!
- The Birdcage
- Wayne’s World
- Vote between four choices by June 10.
- Vote between the final two choices by June 18.
SECOND FAN CHOICE
- Selections for the second Fan Choice night will be announced on Twitter @vulture Monday, July 22.
- Vote between four choices by July 29.
- Vote between the final two choices by August 6.
- The winning film for the first Fan Choice will be announced June 18 and will play in Bryant Park June 24.
- The winning film for the second Fan Choice will be announced August 6 and will play in Bryant Park August 12.
- The Lawn opens 5pm for blankets and picnicking
- Films begin at sunset (typically between 8pm-9pm)
- All packages including bags, briefcases, and backpacks are subject to inspection
- No dogs allowed on the Lawn
- No chairs, tables, or plastic ground coverings (including sheets, tarps, bags, or pads) are permitted on the Lawn
- Forgot a blanket? Buy one at the Bryant Park Shop on the Fountain Terrace
- Hester Street Fair hosts food vendors on the Fountain Terrace with drink and delicious snack and meal options
- Captions are displayed for each film
- Vote for Fan Choice movies! See “Fan Choice Voting” above for more info.
Getting on the Lawn
For the protection of all Movie Nights attendees, all bags, briefcases, backpacks, etc. will be inspected before entering the Lawn area (the Lawn and surrounding gravel area)
The gravel area surrounding the Lawn opens 4pm. The Lawn opens 5pm. Be prepared right at 5pm to claim your spot!
Should you leave the Lawn area, all packages, bags, etc. will be inspected again upon re-entry. The checkpoints are necessary to safeguard all those in attendance at Bryant Park Movie Nights.
Enjoy the film!
Food and Drink
Hester Street Fair brings the city’s best vendors to the Fountain Terrace each week to make your Movie Nights picnic the most delicious it can be.
Stop by our wine and beer area for summer ready drinks, featuring special offerings from the iconic California Sparkling Wine CHANDON, as well as additional beer and wine options available for purchase before and during the movie.