Job Openings & RFPs
Work for us
Title: Games Host
Location: New York City
Starting Rate: $17/hour
The Bryant Park Corporation is hiring part-time, seasonal staff responsible for managing and operating daily activity areas in Bryant Park. Activity areas are free public zones designated for games, arts & crafts, and other activities.
Responsibilities for each game area vary slightly but all include:
- Setting up your area at the start of the day;
- Maintaining your area throughout the day by cleaning equipment, picking up litter, and neatly storing equipment not in use;
- Explaining and enforcing rules; engaging the public, fostering participation, and ensuring respectful use of the space;
- Recording user counts and observations. Hosts can expect to work at most, if not all, of the activity areas in Bryant Park at some point during their employment.
- BA preferred – consideration given to undergraduate work plus experience in recreation, coaching or park management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Willingness and desire to get hands dirty.
- Outgoing, playful, mature, positive, and proactive.
- Responsible and detail-oriented with excellent observation skills.
- Ability and willingness to work exclusively outside and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds or more.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to update an online spreadsheet on a tablet to document visitor counts and daily observations.
- Access to a cell phone with photo and texting capability.
- Access and responsiveness to email.
Duties (Include but are not limited to):
- Communicate politely and positively with the public and act as an ambassador of the park.
- Maintain appearance of game areas and shared equipment.
- Facilitate game play and enforce area, park, and public space rules.
- Report equipment needs and notable incidents in a timely manner.
- Record and report the number of participants.
- Staff special events or tournaments as needed.
- Take direction from management staff regarding special assignments.
Activity areas are open to the public daily from April through Mid-October. Hours of operation are 11am to 7pm with some exceptions for special events.
Preference will be given to candidates with more flexibility in their schedules, and a genuine desire to work hard.
Interested candidates should email their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with “Games Host Application” in the subject line.
Title: Bryant Park Shop Associate
Location: New York City
Starting Rate: $17.50/hour
Bryant Park Corporation is hiring part-time staff to operate a year-round shop and information kiosk in Bryant Park.
Retail responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing the kiosk.
- Processing transactions and managing a cash drawer.
- Actively engaging with customers by answering questions and recommending shop products.
- Providing a positive shopping experience to customers.
- Taking inventory and restocking merchandise.
- Maintaining a clean and organized product display.
- Reporting customer requests and interests.
Associates are expected to:
- Greet customers and visitors with genuine enthusiasm.
- Provide information about the park including amenities and layout, activities, and events.
- Give clear, concise details and directions to help visitors get to their destinations.
- Be familiar with local landmarks, restaurants, shops, and businesses in the area.
Associates can expect to work 20 – 30 hours per week. Preference will be given to candidates who can work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays. This is an in-person job which cannot be performed remotely.
- At least 1 year of retail sales, customer service, or visitor services experience.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Outgoing, mature, positive, and proactive.
- Responsible and detail-oriented with excellent observation skills.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks in order of importance.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and major holidays.
- Access and responsiveness to email and text.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Interested candidates must email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Shop Associate" and your name in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include a cover letter expressing your qualifications and interests.
Bryant Park is a public park conveniently located at 6th Avenue between 40th and 42nd Streets in midtown Manhattan. It is visited by over 12 million people each year and is one of the busiest public spaces in the world.
Bryant Park sanitation workers are expected to:
- Observe their surroundings to identify any problems and inform park supervisors
- Maintain stock of supplies
- Politely enforce the rules of the park
- Uphold high standards of cleanliness along a specific route within the park, including picking up litter, sweeping, wiping tables and emptying garbage bins
- Familiarize themselves with information about the park and layout to assist park visitors
- Take direction from management staff regarding special assignments
- Maintain neat appearance in uniform and hygiene
- Work evenings and weekends as needed on a scheduled basis
- Stand on a ladder to dust bathroom ceiling
- Work outdoors in most weather conditions
- Walk for most of their shift and lift things as heavy as 50 lbs.
Successful Bryant Park bathroom attendants and sanitation workers are:
- Able to understand written and spoken English
- Proficient in interpreting maps of the park to complete supervisors' instructions
- Perceptive to surroundings
- Prompt in completing tasks
- Flexible in their willingness to switch tasks at a moment's notice
- Courteous and helpful when answering any questions from park patrons
- Tidy in appearance and grooming
This is a full-time, permanent position requiring availability for morning, afternoon and night shifts throughout the week, including weekends. Applicants with previous maintenance experience are given preference in hiring.
Pay is $16/hour with opportunity for overtime with good performance. Employees who work at least 30 hours a week will be eligible for health insurance after 90 days of full-time work.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume with job history and a current phone number to SanitationJob@34bp.org. Only applicants selected for an interview will be called. The interview will include a brief reading and comprehension test as well as a basic map-interpretation test. No advanced preparation is necessary for these tests.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Bryant Park Corporation and 34th Street Partnership seek a 40-hour-a-week paid intern as a member of the Events Department staff. The two companies are award-winning not-for-profit Business Improvement Districts which share staff and offices, and a mission to improve the quality of the commercial, physical, and public space environments in each of their midtown Manhattan districts. Successful public spaces offer high-quality events and programming that draw people to the space and enrich the community.
Ideal candidates understand tight deadlines, work well independently and with groups, and are comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will be expected to take on our mission quickly, to be comfortable working non-traditional hours, and to be confident in managing events onsite.
Office hours are officially 9am–5:30pm, Monday - Friday. However, hours will go beyond the office due to the nature of event planning and production, and will also include early mornings, late nights, overnights, and weekends. A typical week may include working longer days on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday off.
Applicants must be available to work from mid to late May until September (exact dates are flexible).
The position is full-time with hourly pay. The successful candidate can expect a schedule of approximately 40 hours per week. Compensation is $17/hour.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working at a fast-paced office dedicated to making New York City safer, cleaner, and more engaging. Interns can expect to take on real responsibilities, and acquire practical knowledge about event management, the performing arts, and public space management. Interns can expect to work closely with executive staff and park staff, and develop a network of contacts in related industries.
- Assist in coordinating and executing many of the parks’ hundreds of public summer programs and performances, which includes theater, music, dance, yoga classes, movie nights, and more
- Act as a friendly and helpful ambassador for when helping with events
- Assist in the coordination of commercial, cultural, film and media events in the parks
- Assist with promotion efforts related to the parks’ events
- Supervise event load-ins/load-outs in the park, which frequently involves early morning, late night, overnight, and/or weekend hours
- Work extensively outdoors, interacting with park staff and event producers
- Visit relevant off-site events and parks, conducting observations and presenting learnings to the team
- Department administrative duties
- Recent college graduate, or rising senior in college
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing, mature, and assertive, with a “no job too small” attitude
- Responsible and detail-oriented, with excellent observation skills
- Ability to maintain high energy and positive attitude through a long day
Interested candidates should email email@example.com with “Events Intern” and your name in the subject line. In the body of the email, submit a cover letter expressing your qualifications and why you like public events. Attach your resume in .doc or .pdf format.
Applications are due no later than 5pm on Monday, March 11, 2024.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will respond via email only to those we wish to interview. Phone calls and office visits will NOT be accepted.
Bryant Park is one of the busiest public spaces in the world and is host to free summer programming featuring extraordinary arts and culture performances. The Bryant Park Corporation is hiring stagehands to facilitate this summer’s programming, which includes the famous Movie Nights and Picnic Performance series in collaboration with partners such as Carnegie Hall, Alvin Ailey, and New York City Opera.
Stagehands are affable, competent, and comfortable with performing multiple low/mid-skilled interdisciplinary (All-Department) tasks listed below at a unique venue for up to 26 in/out cycles though September under the direction of a technical director.
- Installation of banners and other flying goods
- Lighting crank lift towers
- Setting up tents
- Carrying items
- Sweeping, mopping, and other customary duties in an outdoor environment
This outdoor venue is subject to occasional insects and intense weather. There is no climate control –crew works in ambient outdoor temperatures, rain, etc.
This is a part-time, flexible seasonal position with varying hours. The position offers four-hour minimums and time and a half after midnight and over 40 hours. Stagehands can expect to fill 4-12 hour calls, Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and some Saturdays. There are occasional calls other days through September. Compensation is $30/hour.
Interested candidates should email a resume with job history to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, write “Stagehand” and your name. Phone calls and office visits will NOT be accepted. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be contacting applicants with whom we wish to move forward.
Bryant Park Corporation (BPC) solicits proposals for a rink management company, or a staffing/facility management company that subcontracts with an ice management company, for Bryant Park’s seasonal ice skating rink. This Request for Proposals is issued by BPC, which manages Bryant Park, under contract with the City of New York and the Department of Parks and Recreation. BPC will execute a management agreement with the Provider selected for an initial 1-year term, and up to two 1-year renewals thereafter, commencing in October 2024. BPC is a New York not-for-profit corporation operated for public benefit. For more information about BPC visit our website at www.bryantpark.org.
Bids are due by noon on Monday, April 22, 2024.