Bumper Cars on Ice
Stay tuned for information on Bumper Cars 2021
Bumper Cars on Ice are back! Not your typical bumper car, our bumper cars go on the ice! Presented by Bank of America, bump, slide, and spin on The Rink from January 17, 2020 - March 1, 2020. Take a spin before, during, or after FrostFest, Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park’s ten-day winter festival.
Bumper Car Rules + Instructions
ALL BUMPER CAR RIDERS MUST:
• Be 7+ years old, at least 42 inches tall, and under 300 lbs
• Wear flat, closed-toe shoes
• Sign a waiver; children under 18 require a parent or guardian’s signature
• Remain seated while inside the bumper car
• Secure any personal belongings inside the bumper car
• Read and abide by all rules.
• Follow announcements and obey staff instructions
• More than one person per car
• Children or objects on laps
• Use of mobile phones or cameras during ride
• Riders under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Riders who are pregnant
• Riders who have a medical condition that could be aggravated as a result of the ride
PLEASE BE AWARE:
• You are welcome to bump other cars, but do not bump into the walls of the rink
• Accommodation of late arrivals is at the discretion of the operator, and may not be possible
• Staff reserves the right to ask any rider to leave the ice for disobeying rules, endangering themselves or others
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR ICE BUMPER CARS:
Riders will be brought out to the cars for the start of the session as a group. Please wait in line, and an attendant will direct you to your bumper car.
• To get into bumper car: there is a scooped area between the front of the car and the joysticks. Sit at the top of the scoop (bottom facing into car) and slide into the seat.
• To go forward, push both joysticks forward away from you. To go backward, pull both joysticks back toward you. To turn left, tap on the left joystick. To turn right, tap on the right joystick. To stay in place, do not press the joysticks.
• When the ride is over, the cars will start to beep. Drive your car back to the rink wall, or ask an attendant for help returning the car.
• Remain in your seat until are cars are returned to the wall. An attendant will help you out of your car if you need assistance
WHEN CAN I RIDE?
If available, bumper cars can be booked online up until the morning of selected date
Any open cars can be reserved onsite on a first-come-first-served basis.
Hours change daily, so check wintervillage.org for details, or call 212-768-4242.
Bumper Car Waiver
All riders must sign a waiver on site before riding bumper cars
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF ALL CLAIMS
The Participant and/or their parent(s) or guardian understands, acknowledges, and agrees that riding Bumper Cars can be an inherently dangerous and physically demanding activity. Participating Rider assumes full responsibility for any risk of injury, property damage, or death while participating in activities at this establishment.
Participant and/or their parent(s) or guardian hereby waive any and all claims including, but not limited to, bodily injury including death and property damage they may have against Bryant Park Corporation and/or Rink Management Services and its affiliated companies including but not limited to Bryant Park Corporation and/or Rink Management Services (herein collectively referred to as BP/RMSC) and its affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers arising out of Participant’s use of the facility and all surrounding areas.
Participants and/or their parent(s) or guardians hereby release and hold harmless BP/RMSC, all sponsors, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers from any and all liability for any loss, damage, or expense that the Participants or their respective heirs, assigns and legal representatives may suffer as a result of Participant’s use of the Bumper Cars from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to, negligence or breach of contract on the part of BP/RMSC, and all sponsors of the establishment, in the operation, supervision, design, maintenance, or condition of the Bumper Cars, track, or the facility and allsurrounding areas.
Participant agrees to abide by the “Code of Conduct” as posted within the Bumper Car area, for the use of the facility and will follow the instructions of the operating staff. Failure to follow these codes of conduct may result in the termination of Participant’s use of the Bumper Cars and the surrounding areas without refund.
Participant permits BP/RMSC to use any photographs, videotapes, recordings or any other records taken while on the premises for publicity, advertising, or any other legitimate purpose.
BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF ALL CLAIMS, I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM RELEASING BP/RMSC FROM ANY POTENTIAL CLAIMS FOR NEGLIGENCE AND FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY BP/RMSC AND ALL SPONSORS’ NEGLIGENCE.
FOR PARTICIPANT UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
MINOR RELEASE: (must be completed by Parent/Guardian for any participants under age of 18)
I, CERTIFY AND AFFIRM THAT I AM THE MINOR’S PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, AND I UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND THE MINOR’S EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES AND BELIEVE THE MINOR TO BE QUALIFIED, IN GOOD HEALTH, AND IN PROPER PHYSICAL CONDITION TO PARTICIPATE IN SUCH ACTIVITY. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON THE MINOR’S ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND FURTHER AGREE THAT IF, DESPITE THIS RELEASE, I, THE MINOR, OR ANYONE ON THE MINOR’S BEHALF MAKES A CLAIM AGAINST ANY OF THE RELEASEES NAMED ABOVE, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR ANY COST THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF ANY SUCH CLAIM.
The undersigned parent certifies that the immediately preceding representation and warranty is true and correct in all respects for the participant named hereinabove.
I understand that by submitting this statement, I am giving the Releasee(s) permission to verify this statement and that the information provided in this statement is true.