Enjoy performing arts on the lawn—or wherever you are
Bryant Park is excited to announce the 2021 return of Picnic Performances: twenty-five live and in-person music, dance, and theater events produced in partnership with a diverse and storied lineup of New York City’s performing arts institutions. Thanks to the generous support of Bank of America, nearly all of the events will be available for the public to livestream at no cost, significantly expanding the audience beyond the park.
The season opens on June 9 with a four-night run of shows by musicians from the New York Philharmonic and closes on September 20 with a 100th anniversary celebration of our beloved neighbor, The Town Hall. In between, don’t miss performances produced in partnership with Carnegie Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center, New York City Opera, Classical Theatre of Harlem, Joe’s Pub, Paul Taylor Dance Company, Limón Dance Company, Elisa Monte Dance, National Sawdust, Harlem Stage with Jazzmobile and NYC Parks, Greenwich House Music School, New York Chinese Cultural Center, Music from the Sole, and more.
All events will be free and open to the public with limited capacity. Bryant Park will observe all New York City and New York State guidelines immediate to the time of the performance. Scroll below for more details, livestream info, and the full lineup!
All performances start at 7pm
June 09: New York Philharmonic
June 10: New York Philharmonic*
June 11: New York Philharmonic*
June 12: New York Philharmonic*
June 18: New York City Opera – Pride in the Park
June 25: New York Chinese Cultural Center
June 26: Joe’s Pub – Mykal Kilgore
July 02: New York City Opera – Carmen
July 09: Carnegie Hall Citywide – Toshi Reagon and BIGLovely
July 16: Carnegie Hall Citywide – Spanish Harlem Orchestra
July 23: Carnegie Hall Citywide – The Knights
July 30: Carnegie Hall Citywide – Adrienne Warren and Friends
July 31: Greenwich House Music School – Riley Mulherkar and Ella Bric (Linda Briceño)
August 06: Carnegie Hall Citywide – Terence Blanchard and The E-Collective
August 12: Harlem Stage – Craig Harris’s Nocturnal Nubian Ball…: A Tribute to Sun Ra
August 13: Jazz at Lincoln Center – Dizzy’s Club: Young Stars of Jazz
August 14: Jazz at Lincoln Center – Dizzy’s Club: Camille Thurman and the Darrell Green Quartet: Burt Bacharach Reimagined
August 16: The Limón Dance Company and Music from the Sole
August 20: Paul Taylor Dance Company and Elisa Monte Dance
August 21: New York City Opera – Now That’s What I Call Opera!
August 27: Save the Date – Dance Performance TBA
September 03: New York City Opera – Rigoletto
September 10: Classical Theatre of Harlem
September 17: National Sawdust – Allison Loggins-Hull’s Diametrically Composed
September 20: The Town Hall – Centennial Concert featuring Chris Thile and special guests
*The New York Philharmonic performance will be livestreamed only on Wed, June 9
New this year: thanks to generous support from Bank of America, Picnic Performances will be livestreamed and available to watch at no cost. We invite you to grab a blanket, get comfortable, and enjoy the show, no matter where you are! Find all livestream info (and view the live performance) here.
*Performances on 6/25, 8/16, 8/20, and 8/27 will be available to stream exclusively on Bryant Park’s website.
Entry to Picnic Performances is open to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis for all audience members. Advance ticket registration is no longer required. Please arrive no earlier than 5:30pm when doors open. There will be two seating areas:
1. Vaccinated and Tested: Attendees must present either digital or physical proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or an immediately recent negative COVID-19 test, along with government issued photo ID. In this area, attendees can bring a blanket or use a Bryant Park chair. Upon entry, attendees may distance and wear masks at their own discretion.
2. Distanced: In this area, audience may sit in pre-set, distanced chairs. Chairs may be moved only at staff discretion. Attendees may not enter the vaccinated and tested area.
Please scroll below for proof of vaccination or test information.
Proof of vaccination or recent COVID-19 test
All audience members seated in the tested and vaccinated area must present confirmation of one of the following:
- A negative COVID-19 PCR/NAAT test taken within 72 hours of the event
- A negative COVID-19 antigen “rapid” test taken within 6 hours of the event
- A COVID-19 vaccination series completed at least 14 days prior to the event
Digital and physical forms of proof will be accepted, including:
- CDC Vaccination Card
- Test results from a healthcare provider
- Excelsior Pass
- CLEAR Health Pass
Health Pass is a free service on the CLEAR mobile app that allows users to confirm proof of vaccination or a recent COVID-19 test result. Before arriving at the park, download and enroll in the CLEAR app and follow the prompts to enter your relevant health information in Health Pass. Once complete, the Health Pass is valid for 12 hours. When prompted, use guest code BRYANTPARKNYC.
In addition to the above, a government-issued photo ID is required.
Protocols for all attendees
- All event attendees are invited to bring food and drink. Food and beverage is also available for purchase from vendors in the park before taking a seat on the lawn.
- No dogs or plastic tarps are allowed on the lawn.
- Your presence at Picnic Performances constitutes acknowledgement and consent that you may be photographed and/or videotaped by Bryant Park Corporation, and your image or likeness may be used as the result of a photo / video shoot.
- If you can no longer attend the event after registering, please cancel your order so others have the opportunity.
Protocols for vaccinated and tested area
- There are three designated entrances for the vaccinated and tested area. View a map of all lawn entrances here.
- Attendees may either bring a picnic blanket or sit in a Bryant Park bistro chair. Plastic tarps are not allowed on the lawn.
- Attendance is limited so that vaccinated and tested attendees will have space on the lawn to distance from others at their own discretion.
- Masks are encouraged for vaccinated guests during the entrance process.
- In line with current CDC and New York State guidelines, attendees are allowed to remove masks at their own discretion once within the fully vaccinated areas of the lawn.
Protocols for distanced area
- There are two designated entrances to the distanced area. View a map of all lawn entrances here.
- Attendees must wear masks at all times unless seated in socially distanced chairs.
- Attendees must keep six-foot distance from other parties at all times.
- Within the distanced area, Bryant Park bistro chairs will be placed in exact positions by event staff. Chairs may only be moved at staff discretion.
- Outside chairs and blankets are not allowed.
- Attendees may not enter the fully vaccinated areas of the lawn.