Le Carrousel in Bryant Park, specially created to complement the park’s French classical style, is an homage to both European and American carousel traditions. Its 14 delightful animals, replicas of classic carousel creatures, revolve to the sounds of French cabaret music. The rounding boards, inspired by Bryant Park’s elegant barouque-style torchères along 40th Street, blend into the leafy canopy of the park’s London Plane trees.
Our carousel is also the perfect spot for your next birthday party! Scroll below for more information on party packages.
Open daily: 10:00am–8:00pm
Thursday – Sunday: 11am-6pm
March – May
June - August
September - December
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day: 11am-6pm
New Years Eve & New Years Day: 11am-6pm
President’s Week: 11am-6pm
All hours are weather permitting.
$4 per ride
$30 for a 10-ride discount card*
*No refunds or credits on discount card purchases
• Children under 42" must be accompanied
by one adult (per child) to ride
• Adults accompanying children below 42"
and above must pay to ride
• All paid riders must mount an animal or take a seat on the charriot
• Purchase tickets and discount cards at the
• Redeem your discount card at the ticket window
• No line cutting; keep all children with you
while waiting in line
• No running or pushing
• No packages, smoking, drinks, gum, or food
allowed in the gated area
• Strollers and luggage must be left outside of
the carousel gate
• Please help your child onto the ride
• All riders must wear a safety belt
• No riding backwards, side saddle, or two on
• Both hands must be on the pole at all times
• Adults accompanying children below 42" must stand
in between the carousel animals
• No changing seats or walking on the carousel
• All patrons must exit the carousel at the end
of the ride
• Adults must meet child at the EXIT side of
• Pets are not allowed on the carousel nor in
the gated area
Our carousel has three party packages so you can choose the perfect party for your child: Fete Picnic, Fete Pastoral, and Fete Galante. All include the below:
- Unlimited rides on Le Carrousel for one hour during regular hours of operation
- Use of party space adjacent to Le Carrousel for an hour and a half
- Set up of tables, chairs, and umbrellas
- ID bracelets for use during the hour of unlimited rides as admission to the carousel*
- Onsite liaison from the park’s staff
*Please note: there is no exclusive use of the carousel unless booked with Pastorale package or greater, and the booking occurs before the carousel is open to the public. No exclusive use of the carousel June through August.
Le Carrousel Extravaganza is a mix of discovering scientific marvels, singing and hopping along, trickery and magic, and puppet shows with tales and fables!