Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park is Manhattan’s winter wonderland. Enjoy New York City’s only free admission ice skating rink, the Holiday Shops, and rinkside eats and drinks at The Lodge Deck by Urbanspace
Per New York State safety guidelines*, things have changed in order to keep all visitors safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Health and Safety
New this Year: Ice skating at Winter Village is now a fully outdoor experience, and the Holiday Shops have a reconfigured layout with fewer shops to allow for more spacious walkways. At The Rink we are also implementing:
- Enhanced cleaning protocol: high contact surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Contactless payment: online booking is now required for all rink reservations.
- Skate sessions: to reduce capacity on The Rink and give more visitors a chance to skate, skate time will be booked per timed session.
- Masks: all visitors must wear face coverings over their noses and mouths for the duration of their visit to The Rink.
Please read more details about ice skating at Winter Village below. Coming soon: skate reservations (tickets go on sale in a few weeks).
We’ve spent the summer working hard to plan for the safe execution of Winter Village during the Covid-19 pandemic, and are excited to welcome you all back!
*Bryant Park Corporation must adhere to all New York State guidelines to open and operate Winter Village this upcoming season
Ice Skating Info
To prioritize guest and staff safety during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve changed the rink visitor experience in a few key ways. Please carefully read the information below, as many things are different this season.
Booking your visit
- Online booking required for all skaters.
- Tax and a processing fee will be added to each ticket.
- Skaters with their own skates must book online in advance.
- Non-skating chaperones will be allowed on a limited basis to accompany young skaters, or a visitor with a disability. Other non-skaters will not be allowed entry into ticketed area.
This system allows us to limit touchpoints between staff and visitors.
Safety and sanitation
- Skaters and chaperones must wear face coverings over their noses and mouths for the duration of their visit to The Rink, both on the ice and adjacent areas.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any noncompliant skater or chaperone.
- Cleaning: For your safety…
- All rental equipment fully sanitized between uses.
- High-touch surfaces disinfected throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer and hand-washing stations available throughout park.
- Each skater or group of skaters will provide a name and email address for contact tracing.
The ice experience
- Reduced capacity for social distancing
- Shortened skate sessions so more people have an opportunity to skate at The Rink.
- Skate sessions are timed from arrival to departure from rink. Off-peak days will have longer sessions.
- Visitors must exit the rink at the end of their ice time, change into their shoes, and leave the deck. Skaters cannot stay in the Skate Pen to wait for the next session.
- Each skating session has 3-4 groups of skaters, and entry and exit to the rink will be staggered to avoid crowding at doors and gates. Your group’s ice time may be earlier than other skaters that arrived after you.
- For the safety of all skaters, we ask that you comply with staff directive to leave the rink when your ice time is up.
Can I skate longer?
- Skaters who want a longer ice time should book 8am tickets.
- The first session of each day, beginning at 8am, will be 75-90 minutes .
- Bag check is located on the south side of the park, outside of the Rink ticketed area.
- Bag check is required for large items like luggage, strollers, and shopping bags.
- Skaters should plan ahead and minimize the number of personal belongings you bring to your skate session.
- You must visit bag check prior to the time on your ticket.
- Purses and handbags must be checked if they cannot fit into the drawstring shoe bag.
What’s a “shoe bag?”
- For a more contactless experience, lockers have been removed, but skaters will now wear a “shoe bag” onto the ice: a small drawstring-style bag, worn on the back while skating, intended to hold the pair of shoes you arrived in.
- Skate rentals come with a shoe bag. If you bring your own skates, you can bring your own drawstring bag (no bigger than 16” x 18”), or purchase one of ours.
- If there is room inside the bag, skaters may include other small personal items
- Nothing can hang outside of the bag.
- Skaters may keep their shoe bag after using it.
- For the safety of all skaters, management reserves the right to make a determination onsite regarding what bags can be worn on the ice.
For the health and safety of all, Winter Village is now an exclusively outdoor experience. Please dress accordingly.
Skate Rental: $21/$26/$36
(see pricing calendar on ticket site linked above for off peak and peak dates)
Skate Mate Rental: $22/hour
(available to purchase onsite only; skate mates are for kids 10 years old and under only; skates are not included)
Skate Sharpening: $20
(24 hour turn around; drop off and pick up at Bag Check during rink hours)
Bag Check: $15
(reserve in advance or purchase onsite)
Shoe Bag: $5
(free with skate rental purchase)
Plan Your Trip
Where to Stay
Find refuge at a luxury address that mixes impeccable, artful design and warm natural light with the iconic style that embodies NYC. Park Terrace Hotel, overlooking Bryant Park, places you at the epicenter of Midtown Manhattan – offering a place to feel inspired by the city’s energy as you network, explore or relax.
Settle into our boutique hotel across from the iconic New York Public Library and prepare to live like a local. Our hosts know every corner of the city and can point you to gems off the beaten path. Connect with the art scene through our collection of NYC-based artists and exchange ideas during our complimentary wine hour.
Situated directly across from New York City’s storied Bryant Park, and steps away from the media, fashion, retail and transportation centers of Manhattan, the Bryant Park Hotel’s Midtown address alone renders it prime accommodations for the business and leisure traveler alike.
The Royalton New York is a luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Midtown nestled between two prominent, neighborhoods. Only two blocks from Bryant Park and the New York Public Library, the Royalton New York, designed by Roman & Williams, offers guests exclusive apartment-style rooms, luxurious suites and penthouse accommodations, each furnished with the finest amenities. Think of it as your New York City penthouse away from home.
Where to Park
Global Parking, LLC
143-145 West 40th Street
Entrance on 40th between 7th Ave and Broadway
1114 Sixth Parking, LLC
1114 Avenue of the Americas
Entrance on 43rd Street between 5th Ave and 6th Ave
1010 6th Avenue Garage Corp.
66 West 38th Street
Entrance on 38th Street between 5th Ave and 6th Ave
59-61 West 36th Street Parking Corp.
59 West 36th Street
Entrance on 36th Street between 5th Ave and 6th Ave
Can I skate for free?
The Rink at Bank of America Winter Village is NYC’s only free admission ice skating rink. If you bring your own skates and a 16” x18” bag with a secure closure (similar to our shoe bag), you can skate without spending a dime. Please note: all skaters must reserve skate time online, and have a ticket to enter skating areas.
The Rink can get crowded. Is it safe to ice skate at Bryant Park this year?
This year, for public health and safety, we have implemented skate sessions to reduce ice rink capacity. In between each session, staff santizes skates and all high touch surfaces in skate areas.
Does The Rink close when it rains?
The Rink is open rain or shine. We may close if rain persists through the day, or if conditions become extreme or dangerous. In the event of an unexpected closure, customers will be refunded for their purchase less a processing fee.
I don’t skate. Can I go into skating areas with my party?
This year, we are permitting a chaperone to enter skating areas with children as needed. Chaperones will be limited based on party size at staff discretion. Please note: chaperones are NOT allowed to mind their party’s coats, shoes, bags, etc in the skate pen. The skate pen area must be kept open and clear for proper social distancing. Chaperones who want to enter Polar Lounge with Premium parties must purchase a Premium ticket.
Do you have skate sharpening?
Yes, with a 24 hour turnaround. Drop your skates off at Bag Check. Skate sharpening is $20/pair.
Do you have skate aids?
Yes, our penguins and snowmen will help your little skater navigate The Rink with ease. Beginner skaters under ten years old only. $22/session for purchase online or at The Rink.
What size skates do you have?
Kids 6-4, Adults 5-14
Where can I put personal items?
We recommend that skaters leave personal items at home. This year, there are no lockers. All skate rentals come with a drawstring shoe bag. Those with their own skates can purchase a shoe bag at The Rink, or bring their own as long as it is no bigger than 16” x 18” and has a similarly secure closure. Bag Check is available for a fee.
Please note: there is zero tolerance for unattended items in the skate pen, skate areas, or anywhere around The Rink. Unattended items pose a security threat, and take up greatly needed space for the public. Unattended items will be removed by security and placed in Bag Check, where visitors must pay the appropriate fee to retrieve their items.
Can I have a birthday party at The Rink?
Yes, you can rent Polar Lounge for birthday parties and special occasions. To learn more, email email@example.com.
I want to get engaged on the ice! Can you help?
Yes! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Do we need a reservation to visit the Holiday Shops/view the Christmas trees?
Currently, you are welcome to visit the Holiday Shops and view the Christmas trees at your leisure as long as you are maintaining social distance and wearing a face covering over your nose and mouth.
Both manual and motorized wheelchairs are permitted on the ice. Adaptive sleds are available free of charge.
Users who wish to enjoy the ice using our adaptive sled can be pushed by a member of their party or by one of The Rink’s Skate Hosts. To request Skate Host assistance ahead of time, you may call 917-438-5174, though it is not required.
There are accessible park entrances midblock on 40th and 42nd Streets, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues. There is an accessible route that connects the 6th Avenue side of the park up to The Rink entrance.
Skaters' Code of Responsibility and Risk Acknowledgement
Skaters’ Code of Responsibility
Ice skating is an inherently dangerous and physically demanding athletic ability. Please abide by the following rules and help make Winter Village a wonderful experience for everyone. You must have a ticket to enter the ice rink.
You must wear ice skates to enter the ice rink.
- Read and abide by all signs.
- Follow announcements, and obey the instructions of the skate guards.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Cell phones, headphones, cameras, backpacks (except for an approved shoe bag), and pocketbooks are not permitted on the ice.
- No coats wrapped around skaters’ waist.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while on the ice and in all skating areas.
- Food and drinks are not permitted on the ice, or in any skating areas.
- Skating while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- No sitting or climbing on the railings.
- No carrying a child while ice skating. This is very dangerous for the child.
- No more than two people may hold hands while skating.
- Do not congregate at the railings or block the entrances/exits.
- The center of the ice rink is for skating lessons and figure skating.
- Spins, jumps, and backwards skating are not permitted when the rink is crowded.
- Please report any injury to a Winter Village staff member.
- Skate respectfully.
- For security reasons, online skating reservations require the name of each person in your party. If fake or repeat names are used, your order may be cancelled, and you will be charged a cancellation fee. Failure to comply with this policy could result in being permanently banned from The Rink.
- If you do not show up for a skate reservation and make no attempt to notify us in advance, this constitutes a “no-show”. Repeated “no-shows” are grounds for being permanently banned from The Rink.
- If you are bringing your own skates and reserve more than one skate time (or “group”, including the AM session) per day, your tickets may be canceled, and you may be banned from The Rink.
- No abusive, aggressive, abrasive or disorderly conduct, which may include weaving, pushing and power stopping.
- If you are skating in any manner that endangers your fellow skaters, you may be warned and/or asked to leave the ice. Winter Village staff members reserve the right to permanently ban aggressive skaters from The Rink.
- Skating time is limited and sessions have been implemented so that everyone can enjoy free public ice skating at Winter Village.
Acknowledgement of Risk
Release of liability and waiver of all claims by persons entering Winter Village at Bryant Park
Participant and/or Participant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) (individually and collectively, “Participant”) understands, acknowledges, and agrees that ice skating is an inherently dangerous and physically demanding activity. Participant assumes full responsibility for any risk of injury, property damage, or death while participating in any activity at Winter Village at Bryant Park and all related facilities and surrounding areas (collectively, “Winter Village”).
Participant hereby waives any and all claims including, but not limited to, bodily injury, property damage, or death, that Participant or Participant’s heirs, assigns, and/or legal representatives may have against Bryant Park Corporation (“BPC”), Rink Management Systems (“RMS”), the sponsors of Winter Village, and/or the City of New York, and/or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers, arising out of Participant’s use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates.
Participant hereby releases and holds harmless BPC, RMS, the sponsors of Winter Village, and/or the City of New York, and/or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers arising from any and all liability for any loss, damage, or expense that Participant or Participant’s heirs, assigns, and/or legal representatives may suffer as a result of Participant’s use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to, negligence or breach of contract on the part of BPC, RMS, any sponsor of Winter Village, or the City of New York, or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers, in the operation, supervision, design, maintenance, or condition of Winter Village.
Participant agrees to abide by the “Code of Ice Skater Responsibility” and to follow the instructions of the operating staff of Winter Village. Failure to follow this code of conduct or instructions may result in the termination of Participant’s use of Winter Village and/or rental of skates without refund.
Participant permits BPC, RMS, the sponsors of Winter Village, and the City of New York to use any photographs, videotapes, recordings, or any other records taken while on the premises of Winter Village for publicity, advertising, or any other legitimate purpose. This facility is monitored by video surveillance.
Our European inspired open-air market hosts artisans from New York City and around the world. Located along Bryant Park’s allées, plazas, and terraces, the Shops are housed in custom-designed kiosks. This year, to prioritize shopper and shop staff safety during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve changed the Holiday Shops in a few key ways:
Smaller, safer: We’ve reduced the number of kiosks and reconfigured the layout to avoid congestion and allow for more spacious walkways. Staff will wear face coverings, make hand sanitizer available, and conduct contactless payments.
Park safety: Handwashing stations are available throughout the park. Visitors must wear a face covering at the Holiday Shops and maintain social distance while circulating through the park. Be safe, be kind, and please heed all park and Holiday Shops’ directives.
Open daily through March 7, 2021
Monday – Friday: noon-7pm
Saturday and Sunday: 11am-8pm
The Lodge Deck
Winter Village’s rinkside outdoor, après skate-escape where visitors can cozy up with a festive cocktail, enjoy delicious food, and watch the ice skaters or admire the Christmas Tree. The Lodge Deck by Urbanspace is a cozy winter destination with a festive cocktail bar and food options to fulfill the cravings of New Yorkers and visitors alike.
To prioritize guest and staff safety during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, The Lodge has changed in a few key ways. Learn more!
October 30, 2020 – March 7, 2021